Thursday, April 16, 2009

One of 2009 goals Accomplished!

...Its to learn how to knit!! Yeay!

I was practically alone last night....some of my friends went to catch a movie, some Japanese show but I wasnt too keen. Decided to have a lil 'ME time'......which doesnt come by often.

I could have stayed at home and relax but I was itching to do something. So I drove to queensbay, went to the yarn shop and decided to knit something. The clases are free, so just buy 3 yarns from them and you're set to go. The whole thing cost me about RM85 including the needles.

I must say I had a tough 2 hours trying to knit. Its not as simple as it looks. So so....my first project will be a cotton scarf. Pardon the pic below....this is just trial knit. Its also one of the uglist knitting piece I've ever seen. LOL! The lady will start my actual scarf today, after work. Yiippie! Hopefully it'll be a pretty piece.


- The colors is making me happy! Bright & Gay -

- I have about 3 wholes in that piece with crooked knits! LOL!..-
P/S: Am really glad I started crafting! It makes me so so happy to make something! Watch out....a very crafty girl is about to be unleashed. (=

xoxo,

7 comments:

Laura Boin said...

Sharon,
welcome to the club and i hope you don't give up the hobby and also i do hope you can squeeze time to this time consuming hobby!haha
anyway, i have loads of yarn bought from US that i sell you cheap if you want as i hardly find time to knit anymore.

Sharon Cornelius-Xavier said...

Serious?? Thats wonderful!! What colors do u have??

Knitting is darn fun and addictive...but it takes up so much of time. LOL!

Hey dont stop knitting la...what have you made??

David Chan said...

Right now, Kimberly, Hard Style Mark and Blindfolded are reading this, on the Shalom stage... :-P

Laura Boin said...

Sharon,
few dark ones, maroon, dark blue, grey, their all on top of my wardrobe right now in one box.
Every lunch time i'll knit this pink scarf, its getting longer and longer but haiya, won't know when i'll actually use it in this hot weather.

Sharon Cornelius-Xavier said...

David: Who is kimberly?

Laura: I wouldn't mind the gray. Maybe one day we can hang out with carmel and you can bring the yarns! (=

LOL! lunch time. Hebat la you. I'll be eating away.

I know what you mean. Wonder when I'll finish the scarf...u can use when you're on holiday!

Laura Boin said...

when i can i'll bring over a sample for ya maybe church or shalom. i'll suggest to carmel that idea. sure fun!

Sharon Cornelius-Xavier said...

yeay! cool!