Thursday, March 15, 2007

The meaning of my existence

Alarm rings!!! 6.20am, practically jumped out of bed.

Called Aaron. "I'm so tired" says I. "Should I continue sleeping or head to church??"

I then drag myself up to shower.

Finally made it to church 5 past seven am.

So happy to be able to have communion with Him before I start my day.

Had breakfast after mass then drove to work. While driving and singing praises, I felt so thankful being a Christian. An overwhelmed Joy. How many non-Christians will understand the true meaning of overwhelmed joy?? or unconditional love?? or awesomeness??

Many times I wondered, what keeps those without a relationship with God going. What motivates them to live? More often that not it is material possessions. Isnt life meaningless to just chase after all these things? It cant buy joy, love, peace.

I look at some of my colleagues and I think, life means so little to them. Some are workaholic (majority out of town), some spend their time partying away wasting money on booze, some are just confined in their pretty four wall-ed lives. Half of them dont even know why they exist in the first place.

I should not condemn or judge. I can only PRAY!

I on the other hand.......dislike my job (just here to get the money to support my ministries), find that my time is wasted at work, I am only ALIVE is God's presence. Others may look at me as pathetic but I am proud to say I have a relationship with My God. Aint that something? That assurance I have, puts a smile on my face. I love my God.

Its not like i'm not bombarded with problems, tons of it! But I'm learning to handle it with Joy and a pinch of salt. The attitude of the Saints.

Am certainly not wacko but just simply in love with God.

My partner (Holy Spirit) will keep me in check.

2 comments:

JEremy said...

Long way for me to go...

sighs*

keep it up Sharon, inspiration for me.

Sharon Cornelius-Xavier said...

everybody is learning! Dont ever stop that.