Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A lifelong dream - recovered?

My dreams of attending a performing arts school is not that far away now.

My dream of attending a dance course is within my reach.

Last night Kerry told me briefly about Hillsongs College offering Dance & Theology courses @ Sydney, Australia.......and I told Aaron I'm surprised they have a Hillsongs Performing Arts College, and he asked me a strange question (or so I thought it was) ,


"Would you be interested??"


I sort of burried the dream of doing a dance course a while back when most of the school's/Uni do not accept people with my criteria ( Not a teen and no proper dance background - techniques). To my surprise, at Hills, the Only consideration is PASSION...which is exactly what I have and need to get accepted.

I can now continue to pursue my dreams.

Finally a chance to do what I like! I suffered throughout college life, studying something I dislike (but it was my responsibility to finish what I started), so I did complete my Degree in Computer Science Majoring in Software Engineering......not only did I complete the course, I graduated with flying colors. I thought working life would be easier, and boy was I proved otherwise. Waking up to a mis-fit job everyday is pure suffocation - it gets harder and harder, looking forward to only Fridays and welcoming weekends in full swing. Sounds depressing aint it?

So what keeps me going? With the knowledge that in everything I do, I need to Glorify God...yup that includes my work too. And praying hard for a career change. So to all students deciding what to study, take time to discover your character, your calling and search deep to identify what you want to become. Do not allow your career to suck the life out of you.

-------------------
I pray that finance would not be in the way. And if God willing, a year from now I should be pursuing my dream.

Thank you God for recovering my dream.
Thank you Aaron for always believing in me, no matter the situation. ( I love you!)
Thank you Kerry for being the message carrier

xoxo,

4 comments:

κ ε г r Ў ° ç said...

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE, sweetheart! U ae highly favored, truly blessed! I;m sure God wants u o do something u're happy with..PAssion takes u places! you're on ur way honey...I'm WTH U!!! xxoxoxo

Sharon Cornelius-Xavier said...

OooOOOo Thank you!!!

Yes, Yes I'm on my way, i've come to far to turn back.

Pray that God will make ways for us to be in Sydney. *All SMILES*

Laura RB said...

hei shah-rhon, its low-rah.

don't give up.you need to do it for all of us, to believe that OUR dreams might as well come true!

Sharon Cornelius-Xavier said...

LOL! Thank u lau-ra! Keep me in prayers.